The Cross

The Cross

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My first blog in a long time......

Have you ever said, "I'm going to _____________ (fill in the blank) if I can ever find the time?"  The truth is that in our busy world most of us never make the time to do whatever it is we want to do.  We get busy with our kids, our jobs, and our lives.  One day we will look back and wonder how time escaped us without seeing the fulfillment of our ambitions.  One such ambition for me is writing, and this blog is an attempt to make up for some lost time doing something that i truly enjoy.  I won't claim to be a great writer or even a good one.  Hopefully this blog will help me improve upon that.

A shout out to my friend Keebo.....who inspired me to resurect my writing and probably doesn't even know it.  I must say he puts me to shame in his zeal for the things of God.  I have watched him grow as a youth leader as well as a Christian and I am honored that he calls me his friend.

On with it...

I want to use this blog for several things.  First of all, I want to use it as a forum to speak on things close to my heart.  Don't be surprised if much of concerns the Word of God.  Other times I may write about my life or my job.  I might even degress into silly stuff  such as politics, sports, or cell phones.  This blog will also be useful in my study of the Bible.  In that regard, it might be more appropriate to call this a commentary rather than a blog.  Either way, I hope it benefits me as much as anyone who reads it.

I also want to vent here.  Everyone needs a forum to express their discontent, anger, or frustration with the things going on around them.  Many of us feel guilty when we complain but we shouldn't if it makes us feel better.  I think it's about being heard more so than it is being a complainer.  When someone asks me "How are you?" or "How's it going?" I often respond by saying "no complaints."  To be honest, I probably could complain if I wanted to, but I know that's not what the other person wants or needs to hear.

Finally, perhaps any who reads might learn more about me.  I'm aware that I'm a difficult person to get to know.  I'm a private person, and my mother often said that I was a "loner."  The truth is that being known makes me vulnerable and I don't like that.  I probably need to get over it.

So my friends, my countrymen, my kin, read on.  Do not judge me, accept me for who and what I am.  I may fail you often, but forgive me when I do. 

On with the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment